Thursday, June 7, 2012

KG's Fish Tacos

I have no idea how 'traditional' these are but here's how I make mine at home. We all think they're yummy. :)

I usually use medium sized white flour tortillas, warmed through and, then we build the tacos with a little fish, cabbage, sauce, mango salsa and a squeeze of lime.
 

White fish - halibut is my fave, but any kind will do - even lightly breaded frozen filets. If I have fresh fish, I sometimes marinate it in a little lime juice, maybe some chili powder, S&P, then saute it.

Other ingredients

finely sliced cabbage (or lettuce)
(diced green onions if desired)
sprinkle with a little white wine or cider vinegar
salt and pepper

Sour cream / adobo sauce

Mix a little adobo sauce into some sour cream or plain greek yogurt.  I've also used chipotle spice instead of adobo sauce.


Mango Salsa

diced mango (fresh or frozen)
diced avocado
diced green onion (and/or sweet white onion)
diced red pepper
sprinkle with lime juice
chopped cilantro
S&P

No comments: