Thursday, August 12, 2010

Sundried Tomato Bruschetta

OK this is not a healthy appie but I was asked for the recipe so here it is. I make this differently every time I make it and there are no exact measurements. Just mix up to your taste.

For about 4-6 slices of bread, measurements are approximate
3-4 sun dried tomato slices, (marinated in oil), chopped.
2-3 olives, chopped (any kind, green are fine)
1 green onion, chopped
1-2 tbsp pesto
1-2 tbsp parmesan cheese
1-2 tbsp cream cheese

I sometimes also add any of the following if I have them:
1-2 chopped mushrooms
1-2 chopped marinated artichokes
Chopped fresh or dried herbs


Thinly slice a baguette on the angle, brush one or both sides with a little oil from the sundried tomato jar, and toast briefly in the oven. Then spread the mixture on the toast slices and broil for a minute or two. If I have any, I sometimes grate long strips of parmesan cheese on top before I broil it..

If you make this and add sometime different, comment below and let us know what worked for you!

No comments: